ADISA Understanding Standard 8.0.
Location: Rothamsted Conference Centre, Harpenden
Standard 8.0 is a UK GDPR Certification Scheme for companies who recover and sanitise data carrying devices. Within the first twelve months of its release there have been over 250 enquiries with many of those requesting further training / advice on how the comply with the Standard.
This one day course reviews the Standard as whole and explores key concepts such as GDPR Compliance, Data Sanitisation, Customer Engagement and third party / sub-processors.
The objective is to allow the delegate to enhance their understanding of these key concepts within Standard 8.0 such that they can practically apply this knowledge to an organisation to help maintain or achieve certification.
Whilst there is no previous learning required, the delegates will need to come to the course familiar with Standard 8.0.
Courses are being run from Rothamsted Conference Centre in Harpenden, with the next available dates below. To book your place click on the date and complete the form.
Course Code: ADST08
Venue: Rothamsted Conference Centre, Rothamsted Enterprises, West Common, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 2JQ
Course Date: Thursday January 18th 2024
Attendee from existing certified company cost: £500 (Exc VAT)
Attendee from non-certified company cost: £850 (Exc VAT)
Price includes all course materials, coffee and teas throughout, lunch and free parking at the venue.
For any company which applies for Standard 8.0 certification by July 1st 2024, 100% of the course fee paid will be returned from the certification fees due.
Early bird discount of 20% available on all courses booked and paid for before November 30th 2023
Key Concepts Covered:
- UK GDPR Requirements for ITAD.
- Understanding the requirements for how to engage with your customers.
- Data Impact Assurance Levels (DIAL).
- What is it?
- How to promote the benefits of it.
- Different ways of acheiving compliance.
- Physical Security requirements for DIAL 1, 2 and 3
- Third Party / Sub-Processors Explained.
- Data Sanitisation.
- What are the different forms of Sanitiatsion.
- Understanding international sanitisation specifications.
- What are each of their vulnerabilties.
- What is the requirement within Standard 8.0
- Understanding the Certification Process. (As per Scheme Manual)
- The audit process. (Full and Surveillance)
- Preparing for your audit.
- Dealing with non-conformities.
- UKAS oversight and role of the auditor.
- Maintaining Certification.
- Baking processes into "business as usual".
- Dealing with usual scenarios.
- The good, the bad and the ugly at an audit.
- Support from ADISA.
Who Should Attend:
- Compliance Staff within existing certified companies.
- Consultants wishing the assist organisations to become compliant.
- Internal auditors at certified companies.
- Any representative of organisations considering or aspiring to become compliant.
Trainer: Steve Mellings
Founder or ADISA and Author of Standard 8.0